Prep time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 20minutes
Chilling time: minimum 6 hours
- 45 - 50 Savoiardi biscuits/Ladyfingers
- 2 cups mascarpone (500g)
- 2 cups heavy cream (480ml)
- 50g Gianduia or dark chocolate
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp (125g) icing sugar (to liking)
- 3 cups (750ml) strong brewed coffee
- 1 tsp (1 sachet) vanilla
- 1 cup (8 pieces) crushed chocolate hazelnut cookies or 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 25-30 (1/2 cup) crushed chocolate hazelnut brittle or roasted hazelnuts
- First brew coffee and set aside to cool.
- In a mixer bowl whip the heavy cream on medium/high speed till it forms stiff peaks. Be careful not to over beat or the cream might separate.
- In a separate bowl mix the mascarpone cheese by hand using a spatula until smooth & creamy.
- Gently fold the mascarpone into the whipped cream mixture, 2 spoonful's at a time until well combined.
- Crush chocolate hazelnut cookies until powdery. If unavailable, substitute with cocoa powder.
- Coarsely crush chocolate hazelnut brittle using a mortar & pestle or chop with a knife. If unavailable, substitute with chocolate coated or plain hazelnuts.
- Prepare a deep serving dish (11 x 9 inch), slightly bigger or smaller will work too.
- Dunk the Savoiardi biscuits one at a time into coffee for 2 seconds and arrange them in one flat layer in your dish.
- Top with half of the cream mix then sprinkle half the quantity of cookies powder and hazelnut brittle. Grate over half of the Gianduia chocolate. You can substitute with any good hazelnut chocolate.
- Repeat with a second layer of coffee soaked savoiardi biscuits and top with the remaining cream mix. Sprinkle remaining crushed cookies and hazelnut brittle. Grate over remaining Gianduia chocolate.
- If you are using cocoa powder, dust it right before serving.
- Cover with foil - not plastic wrap - and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, overnight preferred.
- When ready to serve, cut through in squares and enjoy.
Recipe by Maie J. https://www.instagram.com/thewizardofyum