For the dough:
For the filling:
- 200 g Orogel spinach
- 200 g Orogel asparagus
- 200 g Orogel friarielli
- 500 g Valle Verde ricotta
- 190 g Bonat parmesan cheese (plus 40 g more for the top of pie)
- 40 g toasted pine nuts
- 30 g golden raisins
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 10 eggs
- 5 sprigs fresh marjoram
- pinch nutmeg powder
- pinch black pepper
- pinch salt
- Mix all of the dough ingredients until well-incorporated.
- Make 4 balls of dough. (2 x 1800 g and 2 x 300 g)
- Put the balls on an oiled tray and cover with cling film to rest for 1 hour.
- Defrost frozen vegetables.
- Sauté the onion with olive oil in a pan and add spinach and friarielli.
- When cooked through add salt and set aside to cool.
- Pan-sear asparagus with olive oil and add salt. Set aside to cool.
- When cool, chop asparagus into small pieces and mix all filling ingredients together with 3 eggs (only 190 g of parmesan). Roll out separately 2 of the bigger dough balls very thinly into big circles and line a spring-form cake tin (covering the sides). Make a double layer.
- Place the filling on top of the dough in the tin. Smooth to make a flat surface.
- Separate the remaining 7 eggs, keeping the yolk intact.
- Make 7 little wells in the filling and put an egg yolk into each one.
- Beat the egg whites together and pour over filling and yolks.
- Cover in 40 g parmesan cheese.
- Roll out 2 smaller balls of dough into circles and place them on top of the filling in a double layer.
- Press a fork along the edges to seal the pie. Trim any excess dough from around sides.
- Brush with Casinetto olive oil and bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 1 hour on the lower rack.