"Risotto alla Milanese" is a recipe of the culinary tradition of Milan. The secret to make a perfect "Risotto alla Milanese" is surely how you make the broth. As per the traditional recipe, in fact, the typical flavor of the Risotto is given by the broth.
This risotto - with its intense flavor - is perfect for lunches or dinners with your loved ones.
- 300g/ 10.58 Oz Carnaroli Rice
- 80g/ 2.82 Oz Butter
- 40g/ 1.41 Oz Onion
- 50g/ 1.76 Oz Dry white wine
- 2 powdered Saffron sachets
- 33.81 Oz beef broth
- 60g/ 2.12 Oz grated Grana Padano
- Peel and finely chop the onions. Sauté the onions in a frying pan for about 5 minutes on a low heat and 20 g/0.71 Oz of butter
- Add on the rice and toast it for 1 minute over high heat. Don't forget to stir while toasting it.
- Simmer with white wine until reduced. Pour the boiling broth in the pan, keeping on stirring. Let the rice cook for 16/20 minutes. Half way through cooking, add the saffron. If necessary add a sprinkle of salt
- Remove the pan from the heat Add on the remaining butter and the grated Grana Padano and start to mix into a creamy consistency. Serve
- Serve the Risotto in a nice presentation dish.