The eggplant parmigiana is one of the most famous and loved Italian recipes, it is prepared especially in southern Italy with many and delicious variations!
- Eggplant purple Round 1,5 kg
- Tomato sauce 1,4 l
- Mozzarella Fior di latte 500 g
- Parmigiano reggiano 150 g
- Golden onions ½
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- Basil a few leaves
- Salt fine
- Sunflower oil
- Coarse salt to purge the aubergines 35 g
- To prepare the eggplant parmigiana, start by washing and drying the latter. Then with a knife remove the petiole and cut the lengthwise with the help of a mandolin, alternatively with the knife, to obtain 4-5 mm thick slices.
- Manually place the slices inside a colander and sprinkle with a little of coarse salt; keep it up to complete everything. On the top of the aubergines place a plate with a weight, so the aubergines can drain the water of vegetation that is bitter and is the enemy of the fried. Leave it for at least 1 hour. Meanwhile, slice and cut into strips the flower, then get very small cubes. Put these to drain, if you do not have another colander you can place them on a very clean cloth. In the meantime, take care of the sauce. In a large saucepan, pour a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and add the chopped onion, stir often to keep it from burning and let it brown for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the tomato sauce and add a little water, add salt and cook over a low heat for 45 minutes. At the end of cooking, do not forget to add the basil leaves by breaking them by hand.
- Heat plenty of sunflower oil and in the meantime rinse the frying portion of aubergines and dry with absorbent paper: proceed a little at a time so they will not darken . In the hot oil at 170°C dip a few slices at a time.
- and after 2-3 minutes of cooking drained on absorbent paper ; proceed like this with all the others. At this point you should have everything you need, then switch to the composition. Soak a 20x30cm baking dish with a little sauce, then form the first layer placing the aubergine slices horizontally.
- Grate a little 'black pepper, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pour the cubes of fior di latte spreading evenly. And finally pour a little 'sauce, just what is necessary to color the inside.
- Repeat the same procedure this time by arranging the aubergines vertically; continue in this way to form the layers reversing the sense of the eggplant every time. Between one layer and another, remember to press gently with the palms of your hands so as to compact them. On the last layer pour the remaining tomato sauce.
- the cubes of mozzarella and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. It's time to cook your eggplant parmigiana in a hot oven at 200 degrees for 40 minutes. Once ready leave it to settle for a few minutes before serving.