The fresh taste of strawberry and lime cheesecake will win you over at the first bite. It is a delicious cake without cooking perfect to serve as a dessert at the end of the meal, but that is also suitable for other occasions such as a birthday or a Friday brunch.
For the base
- 240g of biscuits
- 120g of unsalted butter
- 5g of cinnamon
For the filling
- 330g of cream cheese
- 160g of white yogurt
- 80g of powdered sugar
- 20g of acacia honey
- 1/2 lemon
- 12g of gelatin in sheets
- 130g of whipping cream
For the topping
- 250g of strawberries
- 50g of powdered sugar
- 7g of gelatin sheets
- Start crumble finely or chop into a mixer, the biscuits. Add the melted butter and the cinnamon and mix well until obtaining a sandy mixture that has completely absorbed the butter. Roll out the dough into a hinged cake mold, about 23 cm in diameter, lined with baking paper. Compact it well without overfilling and store in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak the gelatin sheets in a little water and start preparing the cream. Add the cream cheese in a large bowl with yogurt and icing sugar, add honey and grated lime zest with its juice. Work with a whisk until the mixture is well blended.
- Heat 20 g of cream in a saucepan and melt the well-squeezed gelatin over low heat. Whip the remaining cream in a bowl until it is foamy but not too firm. To facilitate this process it is good that both the cream and the tools used, bowl and whisk, are very cold refrigerator. Add the gelatin dissolved to the compound based on Cream Cheese and finally add also the semi-coated cream, taking care to incorporate it with gentle movements from the bottom up.
- Pour the cream obtained on the biscuit base, leveling it well and put it back in the refrigerator to cool for about an hour.
- To make the topping, first put the gelatin sheets in the water. Put the strawberries in pieces with the icing sugar in a pan and cook over low heat until the fruit is soft and the sugar and the juice turn into syrup.
- Add the squeezed jelly to the still hot strawberry mixture and blend with an immersion blender. Roll out the strawberry cover on the cooled cheesecake and place it back in the refrigerator for at least 2 or 3 hours.
- After this time you can delicately remove the cake from the mold and place it on a serving dish. Serve it after decorating it with one or more strawberries to taste.