- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 30 mins
- Level of difficulty: Easy
- 500g Cherries
- 300g Sugar
- A splash of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp of corn starch (optional)
- Clean, pit and cut the cherries in quarters (you can use a cherry and olive pitter as well).
- Place the cherries in a medium pot with little sugar and freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat, frequently stirring and simmer gently until cooked.
- Slowly add the remaining sugar.
- Stir constantly and bring to a boil until the jam thickens. You can add 2 teaspoons of corn starch to get a thicker consistency.
- Once ready, ladle into hot jars and place lids on immediately.
Recipe by https://www.instagram.com/thegastronomista