- 1 cup mix quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock or boiling water
- 250g Octopus, cooked and pan-seared
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil plus more for the dressing
- 1 small chopped shallots, finely diced
- 1 celery rib thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp. toasted fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp toasted cumin seeds
- Zest of one lemon plus the juice
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Pass the Quinoa through water until the water is clear.
- Cook the Quinoa with the water or vegetable stock on medium-low heat until it's fully cooked (around 18 to 20 min max).
- Pan sear the cooked octopus with the chopped shallots in some olive oil and then add salt and black pepper then finish with some lemon juice. Chop one full leg of the cooked octopus and keep it aside.
- Chop the celery, parsley and then mix in all other ingredients (Fennel and cumin seeds, lemon zest). Add the chopped octopus and mix all then add olive oil, lemon juice and season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with full-length pan-seared octopus leg and top the dish with some toasted almonds, and leaves of your choice (celery or sorrel leaves).
A recipe by Chef Sam - https://www.instagram.com/cook_with_sam