- 1 tomahawk steak
- 2 prawns per person
- 200g Datterino tomatoes
- 2tbps Italian extra virgin olive oil
- 2tbsp BBQ sauce
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 pcs baby gem lettuce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the beef from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking (this allows the meat to relax and results in a more tender steak.
- Defrost the prawns and devein.
- Add a splash of olive oil and grate 1 tbsp lemon zest and mix well with the prawns.
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Chop1 spring of rosemary and mix with 1tbsp of olive and massage into the steak.
- Place on a baking tray and set aside.
- Heat a grill pan until smoking hot and sear the beef on both sides and then place in the oven for 30 minutes for medium rare
- Cut the lettuce in half and wash and dry.
- Wash the tomatoes
- Using the same pan, add the lettuce and tomatoes and char and then set aside.
- After 30 minutes remove the beef from the oven and place it on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes to rest
- Evenly spread the BBQ sauce onto the beef
- Chop the rosemary and sprinkle it on top of the beef
- Season the lettuce and tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- Place on the baking tray and cook for 5 minutes or until the tomato skins start to blister
- Using the same grill pan grill the prawns for 2 minutes on each side. Once cooked remove from the heat and squeeze the juice of 1 lemon on top
- Present the dish on a wooden board and place it in the centre of the table and allow the beef to be carved at the table.
Recipe by @thebeardedbritchef